Donna Begin, BSN, RN NE-BC is the system director of endoscopy at Hallmark Health System. She has worked in the endoscopy field for the past seven years. She was recently certified as a nurse executive by the ANCC, and is attending Regis College, working toward her master's degree in nursing leadership and healthcare administration.
1. Bowers, B. (2011). Managing change by empowering staff. Nursing Times, 107, 32-33.
2. Duffield, C., Roche, M., Blay, N., & Stasa, H., (2010). Nursing unit managers, staff retention and the work environment. The Journal of Clinical Nursing, 20, 23-33.
3. Feather, R. (2009). Emotional intelligence in relation to nursing leaderhip : does it matter? Journal of Nursing Management, 17(4), 376-382.
4. Huber, D. L. (2010). Leaderhip and Nursing Care Management (Fourth ed.). Maryland Heights, Missouri, United States of America: Saunders.
5. Jackson, J.P., Clements, P.T., Averill, J.B., & Zimbro, K. (2009). Patterns of knowing: proposing a theory for nursing leadership. Nursing Economics, 27(3), 149-159.
6. MacPhee, M. (2007). Strategies and tools for managing change. The Journal of Nursing Administration,37(9),405-413.
7. MacPhee, M., Wardrop, A., & Campbell, C. (2010). Transforming workplace relationships through shared decision making. The Journal of Nursing Management, 18, 1016-1026
8. Northouse, P. G. (2009). Introduction to Leadership Concepts and Practice. Thousand Oaks, California, United States of America: Sage Publications.
8. Roussel, L. (2013). Management and Leadership for Nurse Administrators (sixth ed.). Burlington, Massachusetts, United States of America: Jones &