What's Your Biggest Challenge as an Endo Nurse?
Recently, the EndoNurse team posted the following question to our readers: "What is your biggest challenge as an endoscopy professional?"
The choices were:
Not enough time in the day
Poor access to education opportunities
Any idea which was the most popular response? Take a minute to wager a guess ...
Surely it couldn't be "difficult patients." Endoscopy nurses often talk about how much they love their patients, so, indeed that can't be it. The most popular answer for biggest challenge is "not enough time in the day," which 27 percent of people selected. The complete list of answers follows:
Not enough time in the day: 27%
Unrealistic expectations: 22%
Low budgets: 20%
Difficult colleagues: 12%
Poor access to education opportunities: 11%
Difficult administrators: 6%
Difficult patients: 3%
Were you surprised at all by the results?
- High Incidence of Bowel Disease Seen in People with Lung Conditions
- Colon Cancer Cells in situ Co-Opt Fibroblasts in Surrounding Tissue to Break Out
- Covidien’s Capsule Endoscopy PillCam SB Featured in New Smithsonian Exhibit ‘Tools: Extending Our Reach’
- Imaging Technique Reveals Bacterial Biofilms in Colon Cancer Patients; Could Be Used as a Clinical Diagnostic Tool
- US Endoscopy Announces Distribution Agreement for EndoRings Device