PHOENIX—Advanced Sterilization Products is attending the Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) 39th Annual Course, in Phoenix, from May 18 – 23, 2012, and will be active in several ways.
First, ASP will be offering a vendor program on May 20 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Phoenix Convention Center, where the convention is hosted. The session titled “Leadership in Infection Prevention: Patient and Staff Safety in Endoscope Reprocessing" will focus on the following:
• National standards for endoscope reprocessing
• Regulatory revisions and considerations
• Exploration of recent peer-reviewed evidence
• Recent health system cases related to breaches in reprocessing and implications for patient and staff safety
Speakers for the session include:
• Cathy Rocco, RN, BA, MSN, CNOR, senior clinical education consultant, ASP
• Carol Stevens, BSN, RN, CGRN, clinical education consultant, ASP
Also, ASP invites SGNA meeting attendees to tour the ASP exhibit booth (#301) during exhibit hours for an interactive opportunity to “walk through" the reprocessing steps of an EVOTECH® Endoscope Cleaner and Reprocessor (ECR) cleaning cycle.