COLUMBUS, Ohio―The groups Fight Colorectal Cancer and the Colon Cancer Alliance are partnering to host a free patient webinar this month called "The Latest in Colorectal Cancer Research."
Endoscopy professionals may want to share this information with patients who have been diagnosed with colorectal cancer. The webinar is Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013, 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. EST.
The webinar will cover topics such as:
• Can aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) keep cancer from returning?
• The relationship of body mass index (BMI) and exercise in colorectal cancer
• What scientists are learning about how the immune system can fight cancer
• The latest on what biomarkers can tell us about cancer
• Rectal cancer treatment that is based on a patient's biological make-up
The webinar will be led by Dr. Richard Goldberg, an internationally renowned gastrointestinal oncologist who specializes in colorectal cancer at Ohio State University. Goldberg also serves as physician-in-chief at Ohio State's Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute.
For more information on the webinar, click here.