GW501516 is also known as Endurobol or Cardarine, and it was initially developed in 1990 by GlaxoSmithKline in association with Ligand Pharmaceuticals. The two companies created Cardarine as a possible alternative to conventional treatments for metabolic and heart conditions.
- That’s because Cardarine is known for its incredible fat burning and metabolism boosting properties. This is one of the reasons why it’s so popular among bodybuilders and professional athletes. But there are a lot of misconceptions about this compound, the main one being the mistaken belief that it’s a SARM. The truth is that Cardarine is a PPARδ receptor agonist.
If you’re looking for relevant and updated information on Cardarine, you’ve come to the right place. Read on to discover more.
What is GW501516?
GlaxoSmithKline is a well-known pharmaceutical company that co-developed GW501516 to provide effective treatment for diabetes, heart disease, and blood vessel irregularities. Unfortunately, research into Cardarine was stopped after two years because the animal subjects started dying from cancer during the testing phase.
- The good news is that these effects haven’t been noticed in humans who’ve tried this compound. Also, it would take a prolonged intake of Cardarine to experience cancer development.
- At this point, you’re probably wondering how these two companies came up with Cardarine.
- The pharmaceutical company is always in search of viable treatments to fight lifestyle diseases like diabetes, heart disease, and inflammation.
- To this end, scientists have been searching for a compound that can fast-track fat burning activity while boosting physical endurance in the body. That’s when they came across the PPAR-delta pathway.
Once activated, this pathway can instantly burn fat, promote muscle growth, and improve endurance levels all at once. Now, Cardarine is a unique compound that can bind to the PPAR-delta pathway.
How Does It Work?
The mechanisms present in Cardarine work similarly to SARMs hence the common association between the two. Cardarine has a fantastic ability to control fatty acid metabolism, which is very difficult to do.
- As we said, GW501516 is not a SARM but a PPARδ receptor agonist. This means that this compound can trigger the PPAR-delta protein in the body’s cells. The exciting thing is that PPAR-delta is a fatty acid sensor which can accelerate your body’s ability to burn fat and build muscle.
- These findings were backed by a study done on mice, which showed a positive correlation between improved endurance and Cardarine intake.
In addition to burning fat, Cardarine can significantly improve your workouts and the results you get within a short amount of time. And these claims are all backed by scientific evidence, which is excellent.
Main Benefits of GW501516
Here are some of the great benefits that you can expect when taking Cardarine:
PPAR-delta has been known to promote the activity of fat burning genes. A recent human study was conducted to back these claims and shows that Cardarine can actively reduce VLDL proteins, triglycerides, and fatty acids, all of which are harmful to health.
Keep in mind that this data is based on a double-blind, randomized, and controlled trial study. All 13 male participants in this study had excess belly fat and a history of bad cholesterol. However, they were able to reverse these conditions to a degree with a low 2.5mg daily dose of Cardarine for just 6 weeks.
Another study which was conducted with 12 inactive male subjects showed that Cardarine could radically decrease APOB, triglyceride, and HDL cholesterol levels. This is based on a dosage of 4 to 10 mg of Cardarine taken for 12 weeks.
Thanks to this compound’s ability to activate the PPAR-delta pathway, Cardarine is excellent at boosting strength and endurance levels. Data from a study indicates that Cardarine may have been responsible for increasing participant’s muscle fibers, thus facilitating improved physical performance.
Protects the Brain
An animal study on the correlation between Cardarine and oxidative stress and damage showed that this compound could be instrumental in keeping healthy blood flow to the brain.
But another Cardarine study done on mice shows that this compound can have pro and anti-inflammatory effects. That’s because it was shown to turn anti-inflammatory cells on and off. That’s why research is ongoing to determine whether Cardarine is pro or anti-brain health.
Helps with Obesity
In a double-blind randomized and controlled trial, 6 overweight individuals were given a daily Cardarine dosage of 2.5 to 10mg for two weeks. In addition to reversing metabolic syndrome symptoms, this compound was shown to fight chronic inflammation and obesity-induced insulin resistance. The best part is that any side-effects didn’t accompany these effects. Plus, this study confirmed that Cardarine could help to prevent the adverse impact caused by inflammatory substances by traveling through the PPAR-delta pathways.
Protects the Heart
There is enough evidence to suggest that Cardarine might have a role to play in how blood vessels work.
A study conducted on mice showed that Cardarine could prevent oxidative damage to the blood vessels. The same study showed that this compound could also increase vessel-relaxing nitric oxide. This is a protective compound that’s known for its ability to prevent plaque accumulation in the arteries.
- Based on a study done on mice, we know that Cardarine helps to protect blood vessels from oxidative stress and damage. Not only that but Cardarine has been shown to prevent the build-up of plaque in the arteries by increasing the production of the vessel-relaxing nitric oxide.
- Even when taken in the lowest possible dosage, Cardarine has been shown to treat inflammation and fight tissue damage significantly. This means it can help to reduce the risks associated with heart disease.
- Based on tests done on real human heart cells, Cardarine can increase the growth of new blood vessels but only when taken in limited doses.
But while Cardarine’s blood vessel promoting mechanism is good news for heart disease sufferers, it can be harmful to cancer patients.
Treats Kidney Inflammation
Cardarine has also been shown to reduce kidney inflammation in mice, thus actively preventing the development of kidney disease. The compound also helps to diminish the gene expression of kidney disease.
Can Be Used as an Antioxidant
Cardarine can also work as an inflammation suppressant. According to research, GW501516 can activate PPAR-delta, thus suppressing liver inflammation. Cardarine is so effective that it can even slow down the genes, causing the inflammation in the first place. One study tested this ability on mice with diabetic wounds, and the compound sped up their healing.
- Cardarine travels through the PPAR-delta pathway to reduce inflammation and boost the survival chances of skin cells. That’s why it’s so effective at accelerating wound healing. Plus, researchers found that Cardarine has the ability to prevent inflammation molecules from being formed while activating beneficial antioxidant enzymes.
Protects the Liver
Cardarine commonly targets one of the biggest and most important organs in your body – the liver. Keep in mind that the liver is responsible for burning and storing fat.
- It does this by compelling the liver to switch from glucose to fatty acids, thus decreasing blood sugar levels. To prove this claim, scientists performed a study on mice that had a high fructose diet. Cardarine was shown to have protective properties on the liver by reducing insulin resistance.
Another study indicates that Cardarine can eliminate degenerative cells to prevent future liver damage.
Side Effects of GW501516
After doing a bit of research, we found that there isn’t a lot of information available on the side effects of Cardarine. But then again, there’s a limited number of human trials on Cardarine, so there’s no telling how many side-effects might be discovered in the future.
- So far, none of the studies done on Cardarine have shown negative side-effects, but then again, that might change in the future. For the best results and to avoid possible side effects, always take Cardarine within the recommended dosage and time frame, which is usually between 6 to 12 weeks.
Clinical studies show that the most effective dosage of Cardarine is anything between 2.5 mg to 10 mg per day for a maximum of 12 weeks. You only need a small dose to see results on Cardarine and bodybuilders typically take 10 to 20 mg per day.
If you’re looking to stack Cardarine with other SARMs, then you should stick to the 6 to 10-week mark. Some of the best SARMs to take with Cardarine include Andarine, Ostarine, and SR9009.
Where Should You Buy GW501516?
Cardarine is one of the most widely used compounds in the bodybuilding world, and athletes favor it for its mass building and performance boosting properties as well.
- Of course, Cardarine can burn fat, build muscle, and increase energy levels as well, all of which are essential in boosting performance. But this is all based on a combination of anecdotal evidence and animal studies as well.
For the best results, make sure to buy your Cardarine from a trusted vendor like Boss Peptides. The best part about this supplier is that they’ve been selling quality SARMs for years and have never been involved in any scandal, plus they’re always willing to provide third-party testing proof upon request.