LGD-4033, also known as Ligandrol, is one of the more prominent SARMs right now. Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators can be an effective way to gain an edge while training, but it’s essential to educate yourself about them before you try one out. This article is an exploration of the SARM known as LGD-4033. We did some research to bring you all the available information on this SARM in a concise and easy to understand way.
What is LGD 4033?
LGD-4033 is an oral SARM that’s relatively new to the market. There’s a growing interest in SARMs, especially among performance athletes. Scientific research is ongoing to establish the correlation between SARMs and their ability to alleviate bone disease and muscle wasting. Meanwhile, many bodybuilders rely on SARMs to boost performance and endurance. Although they remain unapproved, SARMs are a much safer alternative to steroids.
- In scientific circles, LGD-4033 is commonly referred to as Anabolicum or Ligandrol. In the bodybuilding community, Ligandrol is considered to be in the top two most popular and effective SARMs available out there. The other one is MK-2866 or Ostarine.
- But it seems an increasing number of athletes are leaning more towards LGD-4033 as the most superior option. Others say that MK-2866 is better for cutting cycles.
- Either way, you’re guaranteed to achieve clean and lean muscle gains with either option, and they don’t come with the kind of adverse side-effects you’d expect from taking steroids.
LGD-4033 works similarly to the other SARMs in that it binds itself to selective androgen receptors in the bones and muscles. Its affinity for bone and muscle receptors protects your other organs, including the prostate and liver. This means it won’t suppress testosterone production or cause severe health defects. Plus, LGD-4033 is not a steroid so your body cannot convert it to estrogen.
How Does It Work?
LGD-4033 works by increasing the level of anabolic activity in your bones and muscles. It also curbs bone breakdown and muscle wasting for fast results. According to data sourced from the latest clinical trials, LGD-4033 can fast-track recovery and healing, improve overall wellbeing, reduce body fat, and increase strength and lean body mass. But it’s important to note that the dosages used in these studies are different from the dosages taken in real-life cases.
- Earlier research on LGD-4033 shows that this SARM was developed to help people with muscular dystrophy. That’s why it’s so effective at decreasing the level of muscle wasting in patients with cancer and the elderly.
- Over time, scientists saw that both LGD 4033 and MK- 2866 have the ability to accelerate healing and improve bone strength, so they started looking into the possibility of using these SARMs to treat bone diseases like arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Ligandrol was named this way because Ligand Pharmaceuticals initially developed it. Later on, Viking Therapeutics acquired the rights to research this SARM and renamed it VK5211.
- Viking is currently researching how to use LGD-4033 or VK5211 to accelerate hip fracture recovery. According to this rather small pharmaceutical company, LGD4033 has the potential to offer all the benefits of testosterone without safety hazards.
Viking Therapeutics claims that SARM therapy can achieve the following goals:
- Improve bone and muscle strength
- Improve lean body mass
- Lead to increased physical ability
- Offer a better quality of life
Reading through this list, you’ll notice that these goals are not exclusive to people with hip fractures but could also benefit anyone that wants to improve their performance at the gym. But clinical trials are ongoing, and their results will ultimately determine whether or not this SARM gains mainstream recognition and approval.
- Nevertheless, many bodybuilders have been using LGD-4033 for quite some time now. This SARM was initially introduced to the bodybuilding community as a supplement, and its classification was later changed to a “research chemical.”
- Like all other SARMs, Ligandrol is banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency. It has been on the Prohibited List as an “S1 Anabolic Agent” since 2008. That’s why professional athletes are advised to stay away from LGD-4033 or face dire consequences which could mean sacrificing their career. A quarterback playing for the Florida Gators called Will Grier was fined and suspended for using LGD-4033.
Nevertheless, lobbyists claim that LGD-4033 is one of the few viable methods of gaining muscle without using steroids, with its only competition being the SARM RAD-140, also known as Testone.
Main Benefits of LGD-4033
Now, there’s a reason why LGD-4033 is one of the most popular SARMs on the market. First of all, it’s one of only a few SARMs that don’t come with the risk of gyno, hair loss, or other adverse side effects. This is all thanks to this SARM’s selective nature. Plus, there’s enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that LGD-4033 doesn’t affect blood pressure levels.
- This makes it one of the safest compounds that you can take to boost gains and overall performance and wellbeing without compromising your health. LGD-4033 comes with literally no side effects and yet enables the user to gain strength and muscle mass better than ever.
It’s also worth noting that Ligandrol is a lot more potent than MK-2866 (Ostarine), another popular SARM. Read on to find out more about the benefits you can expect to experience while taking LGD-4033:
Clinical studies indicate that LGD-4033 is safe to use, granted that you stick to a recommended low dose. This means staying within the threshold of 22 milligrams per day and not going above that.
An increase in strength is inevitable when you start gaining muscle. According to reviews, Ligandrol works great at promoting muscle growth and strength.
Increases Lean Muscle Mass
Data from clinical studies indicate that Ligandrol can support lean muscle mass growth of up to 1.0 mg per day. And that’s based on taking just 1 milligram of LGD-4033 per day! The test subjects in the study were shown to have increased their muscle mass by 31 pounds in only 3 weeks! Now that’s impressive!
Don’t be surprised if you notice a few veins popping once you start pumping on Ligandrol. The best part is that it’s possible to take up to 20mg of Ligandrol and even beat these results! Just be sure to not go above the 20mg dosage mark or else you may end up with more than you bargained for.
Side Effects of LGD-4033
After reading about the benefits of LGD-4033, you probably think that it’s too good to be true. Well, it isn’t. But to experience the benefits without any side effects, you need to stick to the recommended dose and purchase your Ligandrol supply from a reputable supplier.
- Unfortunately, there are a lot of unscrupulous people out there that are selling a watered down version of this SARM. Other websites will charge you exorbitant prices only to deliver a mediocre or even dangerous product.
- For the best results, look for a SARM vendor that’s willing to provide you with third-party documentation upon request.
Some of the most widely reported side effects of LGD-4033 include nausea, headaches, fatigue, and water retention. There are even cases of subjects who say that consuming SARM makes them feel paranoid. But these side effects could be the result of consuming an inferior product or mixing it with something harmful.
As far as clinical evidence goes, it is infrequent for LGD-4033 to cause side effects.
Most people take the same dose for bulking, body recomp, and cutting cycles:
- 10mg per day or less for men
- 5mg per day or less for women
There are a few cases of athletes who’ve taken a dose of 20mg per day, but it’s generally frowned upon to take LGD-4033 in dosages exceeding the 10mg per day mark. According to experienced users, 3 to 6-week bulking cycles are enough to keep tolerance at bay. Some users say it’s best to limit cycles to 4 weeks followed by another 4 weeks off to help restore natural testosterone levels.
LGD-4033 has a half-life of 24 to 36 hours, which is why it’s enough to take it once a day. But clinical studies show that blood levels can increase tri-fold after 3 weeks, which means the SARM becomes more concentrated over time.
How Long Will It Stay in Your System?
As mentioned, Ligandrol has a half-life of 24 to 36 hours. This means you’ll have half the amount of Ligandrol you took in your system after one day, a quarter after 2 days and 1/8 on the 3rd day.
- A study was conducted with a healthy male subject and revealed that a single 10mg dose of Ligandrol could stay in the system for up to 7 days.
- Using precise drug testing instruments, the researchers were able to find the compound in the man’s urine after a week of taking the 10 mg dose, while its metabolites were detectable for up to 21 days. So it’s safe to assume that higher doses could lead to a longer detection window.
Where Should You Buy LGD-4033?
It’s vital that you always purchase your LGD-4033 from a reliable supplier. Boss Peptides is one of the most trusted sources of LGD-4033 on the market, and they won’t hesitate to provide you with third-party lab tests if you ask.
Just remember to specify that you’re buying the Ligandrol as a research chemical; otherwise, you won’t be able to buy it from a verified source like Boss Peptides.