Andarine is also known as S4 for short, and it’s a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM). It was initially developed to treat muscle wasting conditions in particular, and it’s one of the most effective and efficient compounds available on the market. It’s known for its ability to deliver quick results; hence, S4 SARM is a favorite among bodybuilders and competitive athletes alike.
Despite its popularity, all research on Andarine has halted for understandable reasons. Read on S4 SARM Review to find out more about this exciting compound and what it can do for you.
What is S4 Sarm?
Andarine goes by different names such as S-40503, S-4, or 8. It was initially designed with the intention to treat muscle wasting conditions and osteoporosis. As a SARM, it has the ability to bind itself to the androgen receptor (AR) and directly affect testosterone production and action.
- According to animal studies, this highly bioavailable SARM can be taken orally to build muscle and bone strength and size. Although there’s no published evidence as of yet, there have been claims that phase 1 of human trials have shown promising results.
- Sadly, the pharmaceutical company responsible for developing this SARM had to stop research on it after Ostarine was discovered. Ostarine is more effective than Andarine and doesn’t come with the vision-related side effects.
How Does It Work?
Andarine has a similar mechanism of action to other SARMs in that it binds itself to androgen receptors, particularly the receptors related to building lean muscle tissue.
Unfortunately, we’ll never know what the Andarine human trials revealed because their results were never published. This means there’s a limited amount of information available on the compound’s effect on the human body.
But, this is what we can confirm about S4:
- Only requires a single dose
- Offers total oral bioavailability
- Anabolic effects on muscle and bones
Not only that but Andarine is a partial agonist, which means it only affects a particular aspect of the androgen receptor.
Main Benefits of S4
Boosts Bone Strength
Another study indicates that Andarine can improve bone strength and mineral density in male and female rats. The female rats in this study had their ovaries removed while the males were castrated.
The evidence from this study indicates that Andarine can help the elderly to reduce the chances of fractures and falls by improving bone density and muscle strength. This also means that Andarine may help treat osteoporosis.
Increases Muscle Mass
Remember; when Andarine was first developed, it was to fight the problem of muscle wasting in particular. Animal studies show that this compound is very active at improving both muscle strength and mass.
- In one study, researchers gave Andarine to castrated rats for 4 weeks and were able to increase their muscle weight significantly. This study compared the effects of Andarine to DHT or dihydrotestosterone, but without the prostate enlargement that often comes with this hard-to-pronounce steroid.
The same study showed that the castrated rats were able to regain lean body mass within 12 weeks.
Help with Fat Loss
In the study, as mentioned above with female rats whose ovaries were removed, Andarine was shown to have contributed to fat loss.
Side Effects of S4
SARMs are selective, which is why they don’t come with as many side effects as anabolic steroids. They don’t affect reproductive tissues as much, which means they don’t lead to common side-effects like acne, hair loss, high blood pressure, and male breast enlargement. These are all widespread side effects of using anabolic steroids.
- But it’s worth noting that in some cases, Andarine was shown to suppress FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and LH (luteinizing hormone) in castrated rats. Both LH and FSH have a marked effect on male and female reproduction, and once suppressed, they can lead to abnormal testosterone/estrogen levels.
But this effect was only observed in female rats, and there isn’t enough evidence to show how much you’d have to take to experience estrogen/testosterone suppression on Andarine.
Does It Affect Your Vision?
Temporary vision changes – that’s one of the most reported side effects of Andarine, and it usually happens when you come off the SARM, and it often manifests itself as a yellowish shade that blurs your vision a bit.
- In some cases, users have reported that colors seem to blend into an unusual visual tapestry of reality, where black looks like blue and vice versa. Others report a decrease in peripheral vision, especially in low light conditions, which makes it difficult to adjust to light and dark.
- The good news is that these side effects do go away on their own when you stop taking the SARM, and there’s usually no need to seek medical intervention. It’s also worth noting that these side effects typically happen in people who take more than the 5mg per day.
Aside from those mentioned above and a little bit of suppression, there are no additional side effects that come with taking Andarine.
The good news is that Andarine is available to purchase as a supplement, but due to the lack of clinical research data, there’s no consensus on the appropriate dosage for this SARM. The dosage recommendations we have are based on anecdotal evidence from bodybuilders who’ve used it.
- The most common reported dose is 50 to 75 mg per day split into 3 doses. According to experts, Andarine works best taken with meals. But, some say that the best way to avoid side effects is to take it in moderate doses of 25 to 50 mg per day and cycle it appropriately.
- You’ll be glad to know that animal studies show that Andarine is a bioavailable SARM with a half-life of 200 minutes. That’s how much time it’ll take to work its magic and start leaving your system.
But since SARMs are mostly unregulated, it’s not uncommon for people to fall prey to scammers that sell below par quality products posing as Andarine.
Stacking with Other SARMS
Andarine can be stacked with LGD-4033 for bulking because when combined, these two SARMs are very effective at rapid muscle gains. Anecdotal evidence suggests that stacking 25 to 50 mg of Andarine with 5 to 10 mg of Ligandrol is all you need for this purpose.
- To maintain muscle mass, users recommend taking Andarine with Ostarine, also known as MK-2866. Of course, there’s no shortage of theories on what are the best combinations for stacking Andarine. Some say that Trenbolone works well with Andarine even when taken in really low doses.
Andarine vs. Ostarine
Andarine is often compared with Ostarine due to their similarities, but it’s hard to decide which one is better than the other when you think about it.
- Ostarine is excellent for cutting and recomping but has shown a great ability to build up muscle mass and treat injuries as well. But users say that S4 performs better on all counts in comparison.
- Andarine is very useful at increasing strength and lean muscle mass, but it comes with more side effects than Ostarine.
Each of these SARMs has its benefits and side effects, so it’s really up to the individual user to choose the one they prefer.
Is S4 Legal to Use?
This means Andarine is off-limits for professional athletes because it’s only sold as a supplement and has not been approved by the FDA.
There’s the reason to believe that Andarine can be an effective way to treat muscle wasting conditions and osteoporosis, but due to the lack of individual trial data, there isn’t enough evidence to support these claims. The only available evidence is based on animal studies so we don’t know what its long term effects will be for humans.
Is S4 All You Need?
Put, no. You can’t just take a SARM and think that it’s going to build your dream body for you. SARMs are there to boost your efforts and maximize your results, not to do your work for you. You still have to put in the work by sticking to a strict workout and eating plan. You can experience incredible results on Andarine if you stay disciplined and follow a quality workout plan complimented by a balanced diet.
Where Should You Buy S4?
Like most other SARMs, Andarine is often difficult to source because it’s not exactly legal. But you can buy it from reputable suppliers like Boss Peptides. We recommend this vendor because they’ve been around for a very long time and have never had a scandal attached to them. Instead, they’re known for their consistency in providing high-quality SARMs, and they won’t hesitate to show you third-party lab tests if you ask, which means they’re legit.