SR9009 is a synthetic drug that’s also known as Stenabolic and it was initially designed to study the human circadian rhythm. According to research done on mice, SR9009 has other benefits that include reducing inflammation, cholesterol, and anxiety while helping with weight loss. In a sense, its benefits are tantamount to those offered by regular exercise and many swear by this drug’s ability to increase their level of endurance and overall well-being.
Unfortunately, no human tests have been done on Stenabolic yet so there’s no telling how it would affect human health in the long run.
What is SR9009?
Stenabolic is currently sold as a research chemical because that is how Dr. Thomas Burris and his team at the Scripps research institute developed it. It’s known as a “Rev-ErbA” agonist due to its ability to enhance the action of proteins known as “Rev-ErbA.”
- This group of proteins is responsible for regulating a number of activities within the human body. For instance, they affect cholesterol levels and regulate glucose production without messing with insulin sensitivity and they’ve been shown to recycle dead mitochondrial cells to help balance circadian rhythms.
- The first phase of research on Stenabolic was published in the Journal of Natural Medicine and was done on mice. The results from this study show that Stenabolic can lead to a leaner physique while increasing endurance and overall activity levels. The mice started out as obese and lethargic creatures but at the end of the study, they transformed into athletic machines.
These benefits are the reason for Stenabolic’s popularity in bodybuilding circles. Unfortunately, WADA has since banned Stenabolic because it’s classified as a Hormone and Metabolic Modulator.
How Does It Work?
The SR9009 compound is not exactly a SARM. To explain, let’s start by looking at how it works on the human body. For one, the human circadian rhythm is based on a 24-hour cycle that’s maintained by a specific loop mechanism.
- This regulates gene expression which means it’s responsible for turning of CLOCK and BMAL1 genes to activate PER and CRY. On the other hand, MBAL1 and CLOCK are switched off by PER and CRY and this automatically resets the 2-hour cycle.
- BMAL1 is particularly affected by the REV-ERB proteins which regulate homeostasis for one’s internal clock. The REV-ERB proteins are activated by a group of small iron compounds known as the heme group and they’re available throughout the body.
- The Heme group manifests in various forms counting red blood cells. Where does Stenabolic enter into the equation? Well, SR9009 can actually improve REV-ERB activity and there’s no denying that it offers decent bioavailability.
Main Benefits of SR9009
Wakes You Up
We already know that Stenabolic can trigger REV-ERB proteins so it only makes sense that it’s able to impact the sleep and waking patterns in mice. This study was based on a 12-hour period of taking Stenabolic.
- But what made this study so effective is that the researchers injected the compound into the mice during daylight hours and this led to increased energy levels and REM sleep. The researchers also injected SR9009 in mice right when they were supposed to stay awake, and the result was that everything stayed the same.
Due to these findings, Stenabolic is considered a promising energy boosting supplement that might help humans stay awake when traveling or working night shifts and studying.
Helps with Anxiety
When injected into mice twice per day, Stenabolic helped to reduce anxiety levels in mice and this was based on a study that lasted for 10 days. SR9009 was so effective at fighting anxiety in this study that its effects have since been compared to benzodiazepine.
Lower Blood Cholesterol Levels
Another study gave mice the same dose of Stenabolic for 7 to 10 days and produced incredible results, including lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
In another study involving genetically modified mice, SR9009 was shown to reduce cholesterol, triglyceride and LDL levels within 8 weeks of consumption. But the mice’s HDL cholesterol levels didn’t change during the study.
Help with Weight Loss
A 7-day study on mice shows that Stenabolic can help you lose weight without changing the way you eat. The mice in this study had diet-induced obesity and showed markedly reduced levels of insulin, triglycerides, and cholesterol after taking Stenabolic. Meanwhile, genetically obese mice were able to lose weight and keep it off within 12 days of taking Stenabolic as a treatment without affecting their glucose and insulin levels.
Stenabolic can also be instrumental in reducing lung inflammation by affecting nerve cell inflammation molecules and TNF-alpha production in mice.
Hardened arteries are a condition that greatly plagues genetically modified mice in particular. After taking SR9009 for 7 weeks, a group of genetically modified mice had lower levels of blood vessel lesions than before.
There’s evidence to suggest that Stenabolic can improve endurance levels by increasing the active mitochondria in mice.
Prevent Heart Disease
Another study with poorly performing hearts showed that taking Stenabolic for 28 days can significantly improve heart health and performance.
Yet another study was conducted with mice that had scarred livers and the results indicated that Stenabolic might be useful at facilitating quick tissue recovery. The mice were given a course of SR9009 for a period of two weeks.
Side Effects of SR9009
It’s important to start by stating that SR9009 hasn’t been approved by the FDA but according to anecdotal evidence, it’s safe to take in the right dosages. It’s non-androgenic, non-estrogenic and non-hormonal.
- This compound doesn’t damage the liver like many SARMs and steroids out there. With that said, experienced users say it doesn’t hurt to take it along with liver supplements just to be on the safe side because there’s no scientific data to support long term use of Stenabolic as yet.
Also, if you notice any weird changes or damage to your health while taking Stenabolic, discontinue use immediately and consult with a professional physician.
Stenabolic works best when cycled for 8 weeks on and 8 weeks off. This helps to prevent tolerance and guarantees you’ll achieve the desired results each and every time.
- For the best results, it’s recommended to take SR9009 with a liver supplement just in case, despite the fact that it has not been shown to have adverse side effects.
- It’s also recommended to take Stenabolic in doses of 20 to 30 mg per day. Of course, your body will tell you whether to decrease or increase the dose.
- For beginners, it’s recommended to take a dose of 10 to 20 mg per day and then take it from there. Keep in mind that it might take time for your body to get used to the compound if this is your first time cycling with it. The good news is that Stenabolic has a short half-life of just 4 hours which means you may have to take the dose several times a day to maintain homeostasis.
- This translates to roughly 5 mg of Stenabolic taken every 4 hours if you’re taking a dose of 20 mg per day. Of course, you’ll have to adjust this figure according to your needs.
Basically, the tips we’re sharing with you offer the best way to get the most out of Stenabolic while taking the best dose for your needs.
Stacking with Other SARMS
Stenabolic works great whether stacked with another supplement or taken on its own. If you’re thinking of stacking it, then you’ll be glad to know that most users recommend combining it with a 50 mg dose of Winstrol during the cutting phase.
- Other say if you want to increase endurance, you should stack Stenabol with 300 to 400mg of Equipoise and 20mg of Cardarine per day. And for a full body recomp, you can stack it with 10 mg of Ligandrol and 10 mg of RAD140.
Stenabolic vs. Cardarine
Cardarine and Stenabolic are quite similar and the only noticeable difference between the two SARMs is their half-lives.
- For instance, the half-life of Cardarine is 24 hours which means it’s great at maximizing endurance and fat oxidation while the half-life of Stenabolic is just 4 hours, making it an ideal pre-workout pick me up. Either way, you can stack these compounds and they usually work really well together.
Where Should You Buy SR9009?
It’s sad to say that it can be quite difficult to source Stenabolic because there are a lot of scammers out there that sell fake versions of this SARM. To protect yourself from ending up with a harmful product, be sure to do your research and only purchase your SARMs from a trusted and reputable vendor.
We highly recommend you try out Boss Peptides because we’ve been sourcing our SARMs and supplements from them and we are fully satisfied with their service. They never disappoint when it comes to quality and they’re always willing to back their products with third-party lab tests.